2011 has been good to infinity and beyond!
We went shopping for goodies needed for New Year’s Eve and truth is I always and would always be appreciative and thankful for what I have. It isn't what I have right now is all I’m thankful for, the material things are just the bonus or the added blessing. For me it’s all about the journey in pursuit of better life, all the trial and sacrifices that you had been through.
As for me, I never experience life’s luxury since the day that I was born. Being the eldest I've seen my parents work so hard for what we have right now. We lived in a literal store when my parents decided to stand on their own, a store in which the floor is not cemented but never fails to feel like home. A home in which our windows is detached like I say a literal store. And if you look at our home now it’s far from what it look like before. My parents had me at the time when my Father is still studying in Manila and Mom with me on her womb carrying me through her work in Laguna. Papa even if he was still studying that time, makes it a point to always fetch Mama on her way home. I’ve seen Mom’s “perfect attendance in a year” achievement in her past work. I’ve witnessed my Father treadle his bike going to work, servicing computer repairs in Makati and later on the tire company he has been, wherein every time we passed on that site (high rise condominium presently resides) he would always reminisce what he has been through on a rainy days. All of these facts, says that right from the start “sheer hard work” and God’s principle has always been the foundation of our family.
Our business expanded every year from 1 stall it became 6 stalls. Mom is the bread winner of the family else she was also of her whole clan. I would always get angry about my relatives bragging for their needs but Mom would always make me realize that God has given these things not be boastful for and most importantly to be selfish thereof. But Papa would never agree to Mom’s decision and they would fight over it but at the end of the day Mom’s good will, never fails. Mama taught me not to condemn and curse people who abused you, if they do it against you then all you gonna do is to keep silent, after all your conscience is clean. Let them rant even though they don’t have the right, for later on they will realize that all of these things that they’re careless of saying will reflect what their life is now. Just always be humble, seek light and forgive. That’s one of the greatest lessons that I’ve learned if you want success in life.
I’ve always been boastful of my achievements and my hard works. Mom would always restrain me from these thoughts. And I’m thankful for that. We went to an area where Mom bought a small property and truth is I didn’t like the condition of many people there. I acted scared and disgusted. And for that reason I told Mama to never buy that but to my surprise she was buying it for the sake of helping a family whose business is unsuccessful and whose daughter is wagering for life and death. Also the people who will live there would be my parents worker and that his misfortunes in life started to happen simultaneously after he stole money from our business. Truth is our workers would have an agreement on steeling and afterwards they'll part their stealth and that just broke my heart because my parents are the kindest people that would always care for the needs of them and their family even though the business is not that good. Even one of our relatives got involved, Mom forgave her and even though she’s not longer in the business Mom would always be in her side for assistance. I see forgiveness in my heart, I have healed all the anger and wrath for I’ve seen how Mom’s life has been. She is happy, we’re happy. And what more if God can repeatedly forgave me even though I myself admits that I’ve done many sins but he’s gradual with how he taught me things and would never leave my side. So who I am to let my pride be highest?
Even if fish kill happens which affected our business thoroughly I've seen my parents rise but never fall, I would always see hope and the guidance of the Lord. My grandmother would sell ”Mom’s Relyenong Bangus” for the reason that if Mom won’t cook the fish it would totally smell because people are not buying any because of the widespread news of the reported fish kills. And there has been a rumor that our business got deficit and stuffs but Mom assure us that our future is safe. Papa and Mama saved for our future and Mama can’t let this fish kill issues take over. She will always be victorious, our stalls stand still with all the other stalls owned by powerful people having their bulb off and closing for the mean time, ours didn't and will never ever be.
Now I can thank the Lord enough the Journey has been all good, the bumpy roads has been plastered with contentment, happiness and over flowing gratitude in our hearts. I’m proud of my parents. You see even fish kills happen a 3 door up and down apartment has been built for an investment here on Earth not to be boastful for and got praised for but our family will not always see it as our greatness but with God’s and will always be everyday. I’m fortunate in life that even the society and the environment I’ve grown up with drags with bad intent, God resides in me and I’ve always been safe and sound. That even if our nation’s problem is poverty, I still have the over flowing choice of food in our refrigerator and I so thank God for these. That even if my parents never experience a life like mine’s now, they managed to gave us the perfect life I considered. That even if Mom would make salt, rice and water as their food and experience a broken family she still makes way better and the best life for us. And that even if way back she will lick the residue of the Tortillos in the trash when she was young and curious for the taste of it, she manages to gave us Doritos, Lays and the imported brands she never had a taste.
And still I thank God for my parents, and I thank God for my family! I thank God for all the helps he has done on my academic life and that even though sometimes I maybe hard headed still he guided me. Not on cheating. LOL I know he’s pissed on this. I’m so sorry Father. I love you. Thank you for all the My Uste nights wherein you’re making miracles on my grades and I’m content. Thank you so much!
Happy New Year Folks! God bless you all! May you find God’s Miracle in your daily life!
And this 2012 I don’t know what else to ask for rather than God’s guidance and help just like these past 18 years of my life. I know he will never fail to be with us, my family. And truth is that’s all I and my family will ever forever to infinity and beyond long for and need.
No comments:
Post a Comment